Monday, July 13, 2009

Ty's first letter from his first mom.....

I just wrote Ty's first letter from me. I know I waited a little long to write it but I just was not sure what to say. I mean, I am not lacking for words, (Ive unfortunately never been) but so many questions run through my head. I thought things like "How old will he be when he reads this? Am I saying the right things and will they be the words he needs to hear?" I really could drive myself crazy thinking about it all.....so I gave all those worries up because nobody knows exactly how old he will be when he reads them...and really...he just needs to hear from me...so...I just wrote from my heart...sealed it up and will mail it tomorrow.I have lots to say about my older three kids...but tonight I will not go there except to say this...I have a teenager. I think those are all the words necessary for everyone to understand, oh and of course displaying my very serious mom face in the picture above, which is exactly what my teenager will be facing when she gets home. And for all who have asked, the three older kids will be home on August 1st.Tyrus...he is just as cute as a button. Check out this picture (above) that Rebekah sent me of him. I couldn't resist...I had to share it. And of course, these fun pictures of Skyler in the bathtub tonight. Last week I was at breakfast with Amy from the adoption agency and she said to me "I bet its easy for you with just one kid right?" I responded to her by saying "Oh yeah, its cake...its nothing!" Later that day I had to EAT my words in a text to her saying "I take it back." I have found that just having Skyler by himself is actually MORE work because he has nobody but me to play with...and Ill tell you...I am not a good play mate. LOL I love my son and think he is sweet as can be....but bed time is music to my ears lately.


10 comments:

Kathy Lang said...

I think it's wonderful that you are writing letters to Ty. At some point in his life, he will treasure those words from you. And I agree, Ty is such a cutie!

I totally get the teenager thing. I have a 14 yr old and she drives me bonkers with her moodiness, and her attitude that the world revolves around her. Thankfully the teenage years don't last forever, because I think they'd have to put me in a rubber room if I couldn't see a glimmer of light at the end of this tunnel!

Isn't bath time fun?! Our two yr old loves to splash around, and I think I get almost as wet as she does. :-) I also cannot figure out why she likes to drink the bath water? She sucks on the wash cloth and tries to pour water from her toys into her mouth--go figure. I'm hoping eventually, sooner rather than later, she will understand that she's not supposed to drink water that her body is immersed in!

mak'n Changes said...

I'm glad u were able to write your first letter to tyrus. This will be a good tradition for you and him.
He is just so cute! I showed alex and he couldn't stop looking at the pic. Alex had a big grin on his face. Your little man is so cute.
You look great becky! Your face has really thinned out. How much weight have u lost? Is your blood pressure getting better? I hope you are well.
Love u forever and I'm soooooooo proud of u!
Cindie

Christy said...

I have been meaning to post a comment for some time now -- thank you so much for sharing your adoption experience!! As an adoptive mother, it has been so helpful to hear things from your perspective. It has helped me to better understand our son's birth mother. Your honesty is so appreciated! I know your son will appreciate your letter with your words.

There is also a new adoption social networking site you might be interested in. There are all types of groups for people at all stages and ages of the adoption process: http://adoptionvoices.com/

Take Care

Amber D. said...

I just wanted to say again that your glasses are awesome! I love them. You look great.

rasberrykari said...

I do have to say Tyrus is majorly adorable. Did your other kids have such abundant dark hair? Ty will definitely know how much he is loved. You did good Rebekah. You loved him so much, you did what you though was best for him, despite how painful it was for you. Now that is real love and Im sure Ben/Rebekah will convey this to him.

Paulette said...

There is a time and place for everything. I am sure you wrote a letter that Tyrus will forever treasure that came from your very rich heart. You have a special bond with this newly formed family that will grow as time expands. Blessed!!

Anonymous said...

You are such a good Mom. You always know just what to say even when you make comments about not being a good playmate. You are so aware of your feelings but yet consider your children's feelings first. P.S. I have a teenager too so I get that message loud and clear.

Laurie said...

So cute of you to take a picture of the letter! What a sweet memory.

I do agree that Tyrus is A-Adorable! That hair is just so cool! He looks like a rock star already.

Lerin said...

I have just gotten all caught up. I wish I had more time for blogging but it isn't my season! Anyway, your Not Me Monday was hilariously honest.

And those letters, whenever he reads them, are so very important!

LL said...

That letter will be such a treasure to Ty when he reads it one day. I wish we had a letter from S for Shelby.