Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Resurrection day!!

What an amazing weekend. First I am reminded of what today represents. For me it says that I am forgiven because of the amazing sacrifice my Lord made for me. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt where I am going when I pass from this world. I am forgiven and going to heaven not because of who I am but because of who Jesus is and what he has done for me and you. I am living proof of imperfection, I am a sinner, and I mess up all the time. I am not worthy to speak his name, yet, because of what he did for me on that cross I have a place in heaven and my sins are gone forever. That blows my mind. Salvation is a free gift for any who are willing to receive, all you have to do is believe.

So today we will decorate Easter eggs and we will eat candy and open Easter baskets and sit on the Easter bunny's lap...but that is not what Easter is about, all that stuff is just the world. Today my family celebrates freedom from bondage and freedom from feeling like we are nothing. Today we celebrate Jesus because he saved us from all that when he allowed himself to be a living sacrifice on that cross for us.

THIS WEEKEND

Rebekah and Ben came to see us this weekend. I always knew they were wonderful, but it was so nice to see that wonderfulness in person. Ben is all smiles, kind and LOVES kids and my kids loved him. He is polite and his love for his wife is unmeasurable. Rebekah is beautiful and also all smiles, kind, sweet and just full of compassion. I felt so comfortable around them, and not at any time did I feel weird or like something was out of place. What they did for me this weekend was just something I could not ever thank them enough for. They truly won the hearts of my kids. I was grateful to spend time with them but the trip was mainly for the kids because they wont be here when baby boy is born. When we had to say good bye at the end of the day, Rebekah gave me a hug like she didn't want to let go. I didn't want to let them go ether. I had to fight back the tears in the car. I will miss them so much.

The day went by so quickly that we didn't even snap very many shots; however, I did get these two shots of the girls with Rebekah and Matt with Ben. Skyler Is actually right close to Ben in the boy shot but I think he moved.

It was an amazing weekend. Thank you Ben and Rebekah for such a wonderful time.

3 comments:

mak'n Changes said...

I love it! I love it! I love it! OMG! That makes me so happy! That was so good for the kids, what a wonderful gift you have given your children! Now they can have a little more peace about who their brother will be raised by. What a beautiful day! Thank you for sharing your day with us.
Love you!
Cindie

LL said...

Happ Easter!

So glad to hear how wonderful the visit went with R&B!

Lerin said...

Happy Easter!! I am so glad you got to meet them face-to-face, and that your children did as well. :)

I love the reminder... it is because of who JESUS is, not who we are, that we can be called children of God! Lovely reflection.