Monday, April 27, 2009

Can I brag?

I wanted to take the time tonight to brag on this little boy in my belly. What can you really tell about an unborn child. I have been pregnant with six of them now and truly....there isn't to much you can tell about them besides when they wake and when they sleep. I believe all my children are special and I would not center any of them out...but tonight I will set baby heart into the center for bragging purposes.

I truly didn't think this child would live. I have had four live births and with all of them I never bled. When I got pregnant with my fifth child and I started to bleed then it immediately resulted in a miscarriage. So then I got pregnant with this baby and I started to bleed and I thought "here we go again, another miscarriage." Its funny because the very first post EVER in this blog was about me going to the hospital because I was bleeding. The hospital wheeled me into the ultrasound room and I was fully prepared to see NOTHING on the screen. The ultrasound tech was very quiet so I felt certain that my thoughts were right, after all I was bleading.....every...day. I looked up at the screen and said "what is that?" She said to me "that's the heartbeat." WHAT!!!! I have never been more wrong.

I am amazed at this child. I believe he is so strong to have been through all he has gone through up till now. Some how he has escaped a miscarriage and continues to grow strong despite my high blood pressure and his (now recovered) kidneys.

Now all this doesn't sound like much and maybe it isn't to everyone else....but to me it is nothing short of amazing.

So tonight, I have sat and watched many hours of TV trying to stay off my feet and have been graced by this amazing child's movements in my belly. He has not stopped moving at all in about three hours. I just felt he was trying to get some attention...so I decided to give him some on my blog. I am certain he has no idea that I am talking about him, but he continues to wiggle and squirm and play in my belly and I just think its so sweet. I predict that the strength he has shown in my belly will continue to follow him throughout his life. Actually, I'm counting on that.

4 comments:

mak'n Changes said...

I can't help but think that your little man has a special annointing or calling if you will that will be nurtured and matured first by god and second by the prayers and support of 3 amazing parents.
To answer your question from my blog: my original weight goal was 135 but I wonder if that is too low for me. I've never been thin so I'm not sure what to expect really. I will post another update picture on the 3rd. It will go on my side bar with the others. I'm hoping for a 10 lb loss.
Love u
Cindie

Lerin said...

God has WONDERFUL things planned for this little boy! :)

Kriss said...

I loved reading this! -kriss

Anonymous said...

Crying....This is beautiful. I love that little man...and YOU.

- R