Wednesday, June 16, 2010

One year later!

They say it takes a year for your body to recover from having a baby. I think that is so true. I am trying to loose weight that I should have lost a long time ago but it is weight that I put on while I was pregnant. My body still shows signs of being pregnant and when I notice those signs, I remember that it was not so long ago.

Its not a sad day by any means. After all, how can you possibly be sad when a special someone is turning one year old? Its a great celebration and his momma and daddy are planning a grand party. I received an invitation, but I wont be able to attend. That part is sad for me. Some day I will fly out and spend a birthday with him. That is certainly something to look forward to.

One year later...I have learned so much about myself. I have discovered my limits during a time when I thought I was limitless. I have learned to let go of the things I thought I had control of. Having Tyrus showed me that to love sometimes means to let go. What a hard concept to grasp!!! God is showing me daily that I need to completely surrender to Him so that he can work in my life. Its our failure to surrender that keeps us from being close to Him.

So today is dedicated to this little boy...



And to all that his life represents for me. Love! Sacrifice! Joy!



And to this family....who will love him forever!!



Happy Birthday Tyrus!!!

13 comments:

BeckyT said...

You have really bought tears to my eyes here ya know.

You are one amazing woman. xxx

Deanna said...

Happy birthday to Tyrus, and may God bless you extra today!

Annjeri said...

I am so glad that Ty is in our lives today. Bless you my sister for giving him to a family who desperately needed him, and he needed them. What a joy that brings to my heart. Love you.
Sis

Rebekah said...

What a JOYOUS day. It will be filled with all things lovely! You will be missed today at our dinner table...but your sweet book will be read and your voice heard.

We love you so much!

Lisandro & Destiny said...

Rebekah, I just wanted to send you my thoughts & love. I think you are wonderful. It gives me chill bumps every time I think of what your sacrifice meant, and what it gave, to Rebekah & Ben. I pray that someone like you comes into our lives, someone we can love and who can help heal us as you have helped heal them.

A day to celebrate precious Ty, you and the beautiful little family He has woven together.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Ty. May you have a blessed day, Rebekah.

birthmothertalks said...

Happy birthday, Ty!! Hope your family has lots of fun.
Rebekah, I hope you can do something special for yourself on his birthday.

Faith said...

Isn't it amazing that our most painful times in life teach us so much about ourselves? You have an amazing outlook, and a strong faith. I hope you have extra blessings today as you celebrate sweet Ty's special day!

LL said...

A few days late...Happy Birthday to Tyrus!

A year goes by so quickly doesn't it...and then sometimes each day seems to go in slow motion.

Amber D. said...

Here is a friend's blog. It is so inspiring to me to see her before/ during slide show. I am going to start Weight watchers in July / aug. with some friends. I have never done anything like that so it is a little scary!

http://annieweighsblog.blogspot.com/

Check out her blog, I hope you can get some inspiration from her as well and leave her some encouragement as well!

Lerin said...

You're one amazing woman, and I am blessed to call you my Friend. <3

mak'n Changes said...

You know becky your spirit really shines thru in this post. I am pleased to call you cousin! I will forever find myself asking first "what would Jesus do" and second "what would becky do?" Ha Ha! I love you so much!

Anonymous said...

You are def an amazing woman! I look forward to getting to know you better!