Sunday, March 28, 2010

Cystic Fibrosis

I have spent the morning crying my eyes out for Eva, who just this week, passed away from Cystic Fibrosis. What an amazing lady and an amazingly hard journey she endured.

I work at an orthodontics office. I see lots of kids pass through the doors every day. But, there is one patient in particular that warms my heart. I wont give her name or to many details about her but I will say that she has CF. One of her long time wishes was to have straight teeth before she dies. So, that is what her parents are giving her at the young age of about ten years old.....straight teeth. These precious children only have a life span of about 25 years or less. Can you imagine knowing that you were only going to live about twenty years? Can you imagine being the parents? It breaks my heart.

I will be thinking about sweet Eva today who is not with us anymore. I will be hugging my kids harder today, and spreading the message that Eva wanted everyone to know.....love love love. I'm sad for her today. I'm sad for her parents and family and friends.

What a horrible disease.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I will be thinking of her and her family as well. When I was a teacher I had a student with CF....her older brother has it as well. They are the only two children in the family. I cannot imagine what those parents must feel. It is a terrible, terrible disease

Faith said...

I cried like a baby watching her speak. She and her family will be in my thoughts. My best friend's brother died of CF when my friend was 18. He'll never be the same after that loss. You are right - I also cannot imagine being the parent or family member, let alone the person, struggling with this disease. Thank you for posting this and allowing ALL of us to remember such a beautiful soul today.

a Tonggu Momma said...

My college roommate passed away during our freshman year from cystic fibrosis. And one of the children at our bus stop has it as well. I know they are making great strides in the treatments (these last 15 years have brought a wealth of changes), but there is so much more to do.

mak'n Changes said...

Wow! How did you hear about Eva? Have you been following her for a while? That is crazy! Just crazy!

Anonymous said...

I will say a prayer for the family. My friend Julie died when I was a junior in high school from CF. Her older brother had passed away just a few years before she did of CF as well. SO very sad. Hoping someday there will be a cure for this awful disease.

Beth Anne said...

This will be my first time commenting, I've only been following you for a couple days... but your story with Ty caught my attention and your and Rebekah's posts never fail to bring tears to my eyes with your beautiful story.

I have an exboyfriend, who still means the world to me, who has CF. He moved states away soon after we broke up almost two years ago. He's 22. I'm constantly terrified that something will happen to him before I get the chance to see him again, or that no one will tell me if it does. It is one of my biggest fears, and there's not a day that goes by that he doesn't cross my mind.

Cystic Fibrosis is so hard for me to understand. I can't comprehend why. I, too, am hoping for a cure, for the future.. for everyone else.