Saturday, February 14, 2009

Breastmilk

I have been thinking a lot today about breast milk. Weird I know, but this is going to be a big thing for me in a few months. Just because I am not keeping my baby doesn't mean my milk wont come in. I had originally thought that I would ask for the pill or the shot that dries me up. Ether way, I am expecting this part of it all to be very painful because after birth I have an over abundance of milk. Since this is my fifth viable pregnancy I know from my past pregnancies that my milk comes in very fast and sometimes it will already be there at the birth.

OK so here is my new thought. For a variety of reasons, I am thinking of donating my breast milk. From what I understand there is a milk bank that would take the milk and pasteurize it and then send it off to babies that need it like preemies or any other baby that would need it. I have a lot more research to do but I don't see why I wouldn't be able to. There are so many reasons. Breastfeeding also helps loose weight and that will be at the top of my list after birth, plus it will make me feel normal and needed.

We will see what happens.

1 comment:

mak'n Changes said...

Oh wow that is a great idea! I didnt know you could do that!