Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Chocolate truffle coffee!

Loosing weight is a very difficult thing. If you have never had a problem with weight then you can compare it equally to trying to quit smoking, or trying to quit cussing...well you get my drift. I'm actually doing pretty good but it really is the most challenging thing I have ever had to do as far as breaking a habit.

My only saving grace is in the morning or before bed I will treat myself to some home made chocolate truffle coffee. Oh my goodness! It is a little piece of heaven in a coffee cup! It makes me feel like I had desert without all the calories and with NONE of the guilt. With ten pounds down I feel like I'm on a roll.

In other news: I'm ready for a blog makeover. I feel like I have outlived this design. It was fun and wonderful for awhile but it is time for something very simple but colorful. I'm not sure how or when, but hopefully soon, my blog will change. I will probably change the name as well. Ill probably call it something like "There lived an old lady who lived in a shoe, she had so many kids she didn't know what to do." Well, maybe that title is to long, but I do get a kick out of it.

It is almost time for the kids to leave for Arizona. This time last year I was very pregnant. My summer was to consist of having a baby, recuperating, and then getting a job. I accomplished all of that, despite thinking I wouldn't. This summer I plan to NOT have any babies. (grin) Seriously though, I plan to loose a lot of weight, focus on me a little more and prepare for the kids to come home after that.

It will most certainly be a different summer then the last one. I'm really looking forward to it. Can you believe that half the year is almost gone? Life does move on!

P.S. (What does P.S. stand for anyway?)Thank you all for your comments on my last post. I'm glad I'm not alone.

8 comments:

All My Monkeys said...

So what is the chocolate truffle coffee? Some fancy way you have of making it or a flavor of coffee, and what brand? I need something like that for the morning.

LL said...

oh, YUM! Chocolate Truffle Coffee sounds divine!

I know you are going to have a great summer! Time sure does pass quickly doesn't it? Like you, I can't believe the year is half over already.

P.S.= post script (after writing) :)

Leah said...

Congrats on the weight loss! You are kicking butt! And it IS SO hard to do. Way to go! :)

sarah said...

p.s. stands for post script.

and yeah, weightloss sucks. After struggling and struggling I've decided to have gastric bypass to finally get it off for good. The kicker? I have to quit smoking for it!! *headdesk*

Anonymous said...

congrats rebekah what are you doing to lose weight i need some secrets i had gastric 6 yrs ago and ive lost 150 lbs i have about 20 to go and it wont budge. help a blogging buddy out plz!!

Anonymous said...

I am 5'2 and 230lbs. I went to the doctor and begged for her to help me. I can't do this anymore. I am 28 years old and I feel like I am about 60 years old. My doctor gave me a diet pill called Adipex. You are suppose to lose up to 25lbs a month. Maybe you could look into it?

mak'n Changes said...

proud of u bek! Way proud!

sarah said...

Dear Anonymous @ 1:54:

by my calculations your BMI falls into the "Extremely Obese" category, and you would most likely qualify for surgery if covered by your insurance.

That Adipex sounds super dangerous. Why not skip the pretense and go straight to popping a pill of speed to help you out?!!