Thursday, January 15, 2009

15 Weeks and 4 days!!

I just got back from my OB appointment. I am measuring 16 weeks but the doc said that was normal. The baby's heartbeat was 138 bpm. That was so exciting to hear the baby's heartbeat.

So I decided to tell my OB that I was going to give the baby up for adoption just to prepare them for any paperwork or anything they had to do. I have no idea if they do anything but thought it would be appropriate to tell them. Well my OB sits me down and said this to me...."I don't know if you are interested but we do have a women here in the office that is infertile." I was not shocked. Lots of people want babies. I told the OB that I certainly wouldn't rule her out but that I was leery of having someone adopt my baby that was SOOOO local because it might make it harder. I told her I would take her name and her agency's name and request her profile. She said ok and went to get the information...well this girl (her name is Emily) went ahead and printed off some of her stuff from her blog and all that. I left the doctors office and was looking through the info she gave me and was sad to find out that this wonderful girl and her husband are LDS. Now I am not judging her but I really would like the parents of my baby to be the same religion as me and so it just doesn't match up.

As far as the agency I am using (American adoptions) I still have not received the package that they were to have sent me. It was signed by a J. Gonzalez but nobody in the office is named that and so it is lost. I had to have them resend it out. GRRRRRRR!!! I hate waiting. When I set my mind to something I go full force on it and I really wanted to get the ball rolling on this. Oh well, patience is something I need to practice.

No comments: