Tuesday, May 5, 2009

What an evening!!

I worked all day to get all my AVON books ready. I wanted to have them done and ready and in there individual bags so that when the kids came home we could just jump in the car and then disperse the books and then head home. (sigh) This evening did not turn out the way I had hoped. Let me elaborate if I may. LOL

The children did come home as planned. I filled every ones water bottle with some freshly made iced tea. By the way its always a money saver to plan ahead. I cant tell you how many times me and the kids go out and someone is thirsty and we stop at a fast food place and WASTE money on drinks. I have learned to bring drinks and snacks. Anyway, on with the story. We hopped in the car and drove to a strange but nice looking neighborhood and I had the kids passing out books. I would follow them down the street so nobody would steal them....and things seemed to be going great. I had put the extra AVON books in the trunk, but the catch here is that my trunk popper button does not work. You have to use the keys to open the trunk. (BIG sigh)

So I hand the keys over to my beautiful daughter Victoria. I'm sitting there thinking that everything is lovely, the kids are passing out the books, I'm praying that the Lord will bless the books and give me lots of orders when beautiful Victoria comes around the car and said "I'm so stupid mom, I locked the keys in the trunk," as she plops herself on the sidewalk.

Now, it took about two minutes of me staring at her to really process what that meant for us. When it ACTUALLY sank in to what she had done, I started bawling my eyes out. So, picture it.....four kids, big pregnant women, parked ALMOST in the middle of the street, a three year old saying over and over "I drive, I drive," and to top it off...this pregnant momma had to pee. Lord help us.

So yes, I am bawling my eyes out, mostly because I was stranded, but secondly because I really had to pee and from the back I hear "I have to pee to." Oh my. I just knew that calling a lock smith would cost me SOOOOO much money, and I just don't have it. So, I called my dad.

To make a long story short, I called my dad to come rescue me (hopefully). While I was waiting on my dad, I waddled my pregnant self over to a complete strangers house and begged to use the toilet, while crying my eyes out. Sometimes I am quite a sight. LOL

My dad did show up fairly quickly and did save the day. He figured out how to rig the button that SHOULD pop the trunk open. My dad is my hero. I was so giddy I couldn't stand it.

The moral of the story is that I need to get some keys made. I never have because my car key has a chip in it and it is very expensive to get a copy of, but my dad said I could get a valet key made. I will try this tomorrow, and I will NOT give the keys to my children again. :)

2 comments:

mak'n Changes said...

OMG!!!! that is crazy! What did the neighbor say when they saw you standing there crying asking to pee? *laugh* you poor girl! Poor Victoria, she must have felt so bad..... Well, Im glad it worked out. Did you finish passing out the books?

cindie

Anonymous said...

Oh no!!! I'm sad for you, but can't help but laugh....it sounds like a scene in a movie! The way you described it was perfect...especially Sky's little part! :) I'm sorry that you're night was so eventful, but am really glad your dad could step in and be the hero!

I hope tonight is a little more relaxing :)

-R