I had one person as for the recipe of my soup. I actually make my soup just based on what my family likes and from just learning over time what works. Normally I would make it in the crock pot but I didn't start it early enough so I did it on the stove.
I will try to write it out. But I have never done this before so it will be very unprofessional. LOL
1. Get a big sauce pan and fill it about half with water. (this depends on how much soup you want to make, just eyeball it.)
2. Peal and cut up your potatoes,(about four large ones) and put them in the water with about four to five chicken bouillon cubes.
3. add carrots. I used a half bag of baby carrots but you could peel and slice up two to three or four(whatever you want) large carrots. Put in some frozen broccoli, frozen or thawed corn and turn the oven on medium to medium high heat.
4. Add spices. I add garlic powder, onion powder salt pepper....all to taste. You can use a real onion or real garlic, but I didn't have any...just use what you have.
5. Boil all that until the potatoes are soft. Your broccoli will start falling to pieces and that is good.
6. When the potatoes are soft turn the heat down to medium or medium low and get a separate bowl. Ladle in about a cup to a cup and a half of only the broth from your pot into the separate bowl and add about four tablespoons of flour and mix until there are no lumps. Add the flour mixture to the soup and stir.
7. Add one can of evaporated milk. If you don't have that then try using about a cup to cup and a half of regular milk.
8. Grate about three cups of cheddar cheese and put it in the soup, stir until it is melted. Soup should start to thicken but if it doesn't then just repeat the flour mixture step again and walla....dinner is served. YUMMY!!!
Now, you can add as much flavor or as little as you want. We try to eat a low sodium diet so you might need more salt or more cheese...yummy. The more cheese the better, except if your trying to loose weight. You can serve it by itself or with some yummy french bread. Just taste it here and there and make it to you and your family's liking. Its sure to be a hit.
Im feeling pretty good. My hips hurt. They seem to be spreading. Baby boy is certainly taking up residency in my belly. I read some place that in order to make room for baby, my internal organs are shifted around. Nice hugh? LOL
I am one blessed momma. Rebekah has a box for all my letters and pictures for baby boy to be stored in. Its beautiful. She said that she hopes it is to small and will need to be replaced with a bit one some day. Ive been thinking about that. For one...how blessed am I to have two people care about me and the baby so much as to specify a box for my future letters. Baby isnt even born yet and they are inviting me to write, and write as much as I want to him and promising to keep the letters for his future reading.
But then I think....what do I write to baby boy? Of course the first letter I write him will be full of my feelings and love towards him...but then.....the question is, how often do I write him? I think that maybe the first year I might write him more often then I would subsequent years. I will just have to feel it out and see what feels good. I am hoping that the kids will also get into the letter writing. I have made them write letters over the years to family and friends. As much as I love the Internet, I try to get them to write more personal and handwritten letters to grandmas and people like that. I also have them write thank you notes to people that give them gifts for birthdays. I think its good practice for them...so it wont be to hard for them to write letters to there brother. After all, it will always be there brother. What a lucky little fellow. He already has two brothers and two sisters, and I am hoping in the future,that will grow as R and B's family grows...but if not...he already has a big family. I love it.
I think I will be on the look out for some really fun stationary that I can just use especially for baby boys letters. You always see in the movies that people save letters and they are all tied in a big bunch with a pretty ribbon. I will try to use the same envelopes and paper so they can be nicely tied with a bow or whatever Rebekah chooses.
I am sure I will have lots of pictures to post tomorrow. It is Chelsea's 13th birthday party. Her birthday is on the 3rd but her party is tomorrow. I cant wait to sit down and write her birth story. Oh the memories.