Monday, July 27, 2009

I dont know what will come of this@@@@UPDATED!!@@@@

I have seriously been submitting application after application lately. I must have about 30 plus applications out there.

Today I got a phone call....my first phone call from a man named Mark. He said "Is this Rebekah?" I of course said yes. He then went on to tell me that he pulled my resume from monster.com and that I do not fit the profile of the job he needs to fill but there was just something about my resume that made him read it over and over again. WHAT? God was written all over his words. I was shocked. I asked him what company he worked for and he told me(its a very respectable insurance company). I didn't even submit an application to this company, they just pulled my app from monster. He went on to tell me that he has worked there for over twenty years and that they just threw about 300 applications at him and mine was one he couldn't put down.

You know...I always knew that God was taking care of me...but its moments like this that you feel like you are looking God right in the face and he is saying to you "I told you I would take care of you."

Me and Mark talked on the phone for thirty five minutes. We talked "off the record" about his faith and me about mine. He said that he felt the Holy Spirit was just guiding him and mine just stood out. I'm still shocked.

Like I said, I don't know if anything will come of this. He was very honest with me telling me twice that I do not fit the profile and that he will do the interview and then I am sent off to other people as well, but I have my first job interview tomorrow and I'm so grateful even to be considered for the position.

Here are the things I am worried about. I looked up the job and it is posted for full time and part time, so that is good, but if he offers me a full time position I am not sure I am prepared to accept it...but yet, I think I would be foolish not to. My concern is child care for the older three children. I DON'T want them to come home and be alone while I am at work. I would have to somehow make arrangements for them until I came home.

On the other hand, I don't know what I am worried about. Gods hand is literally in this situation, he has had his hand on my life since birth, and I am still beside myself on how well the adoption went and how it has blessed so many people lives...I feel like all I have to do is sit back and watch it unfold. This is amazing. I cant wait to see what God will do.

@@@@@@@@UPDATE@@@@@@@
I REALLY appreciate your comments. Your comments really got me to thinking. I went ahead and did a little research for myself. The company is Farmers insurance. I called the number that was left on my caller ID and it is for sure Farmers Corporate office. The man that called me is for sure on the employee list...but it goes down hill from there. I went to Monster.com and looked up all jobs concerning Farmers and did find the job posting. I am not all together sure how it all works but I am pretty sure that they are recruiting people to be sales agents for the company. I am also pretty sure (though not totally sure) that it is probably a commission paying job. This is not doable for me. So, tomorrow morning I will call this man and tell him how I feel about it and just confirm what I am thinking and probably will not go to the interview. Sheesh!! Am I a sucker or what?

21 comments:

mak'n Changes said...

Are you serious! Becky that is HUGE! What a great story! You have all sorts of favor don't you!
Yay for you!

Cindie

Definitely Deals said...

I have been following your blog for awhile but have never commented.
I think you are amazing as a mom, birthmom and your get up and go to get out and find a job.
Something struck with me your last post that made me want to respond.
Please do some web search tonight on the company. My friend posted her info and monster and did not apply for the job and got a call from a reputable insurance company for an interview. It sounded very similar to your story. Turned out to be a scam. I did a quick search on google just typing in various monter.com and insurance scam etc. and several things came up.
I do believe God does have his hand on your future and whether this is it or not....I don't know. I don't want to burst your hope but care enough to email you and ask that you be careful and look into it a little.

Kel said...

Exciting! I will pray for you!

LL said...

I had tears in my eyes as I read this post. Amazing. Godalways finds a way. Let us know what comes of this. Excited for you and many prayers.

Paulette said...

God works in mysterious ways-- There are no coincidences in God's will. Hang on, Rebekah... I believe you are beginning a new journey!

Anonymous said...

Please have someone with you when you meet for this interview, Better yet meet in a public place. This sounds a little too strange to me. Please be very careful.

Kel said...

You know, this raises a flag to me now that Jennifer mentioned something. I'll pray harder! Do check them out. You and your kiddos don't need scam artists messing with you!

Sara Beth said...

OH MY GOSH GIRL!!! That is amazing! God knows your every single moment. He has you covered! Reading this just now I was reminded of my morning Bible reading a scripture I actually wrote down because it stuck out to me and i want even sure why until now. It is really helpful to go back and read starting in verse one but the part that really stod out to me is in 2Chronicles 20:15-17. He said: "Listen, King Jehoshaphat and all who live in Judah and Jerusalem! This is what the LORD says to you: 'Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's. 16 Tomorrow march down against them. They will be climbing up by the Pass of Ziz, and you will find them at the end of the gorge in the Desert of Jeruel. 17 You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you, O Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the LORD will be with you.'

The Lord has you covered .... all you have to do is show up! Do not let the enemy creep in with so much as a doubt or a worry as to what you would do if you got the job ... just show up! I am praying for you girl! Really really praying for you!

Karen said...

I hope it is legitimate and happens for you!

Sending prayers your way!

cc said...

Hey Girl,
More than anything I want this to work out for you. I also want you to be careful.
I guess I was trusting until I read some of the other comments and their concerns. Then I became worried. Please be careful. Keep me updated tomorrow as to how it goes.
Good Luck...
Hugs
CeCe

Kel said...

You are not a sucker. You are hopeful. Farmers is a great company and you could be good at it, but this is not the right time to work on commission making cold calls!

I so appreciate your enthusiasm to find work. You'll find something that works. I'll pray for that.

JC Hardison said...

It's important to have faith & be wise in your actions. You are very smart in doing research and calling Mark in the morning. I'll pray that you get the "right job, at the right time for the right amount of pay". I know you're excited to get back to work, but sometimes patience is a virtue. Easier said than done, I know. Keep your head held high, Rebekah. Your "right job" is out there, have faith (never say you're worried-that means you aren't showing faith). God is good. Don't let this knock you down, keep going!!!

Renia Flaishans said...

I am going to bed saying prayers for you! Hopefully you will talk to the guy tomorrow and get some good news!
Renia (Michigan)

Paulette said...

Regarding your update... you are not a sucker-- you are human!! AND if someone is going to play against your vulnerablility or God's will, they will have their job ahead of them. You are going to find a job soon, and it'll be the right one for you and your family! As far as the interview, you may want to go, if only for the experience of interviewing.

Definitely Deals said...

no, you are not a sucker..you are doing your homework and being cautious. I did not want to say the above comment but did not want to see you waste your time if it is the right job or scam. The right job will come along if this is not the one.
Hang in there and keep us posted.
We care and that is why we are ALL here for you.

Rebekah said...

Thanks Jennifer. I knew you all cared about me that is why I decided to do research. I am so lucky to have friends like you all. Thanks guys. Im going to call that guy in an hour just to be sure of it all. :)

Patricia said...

Hi Rebekah...
I am new to following you ~ cam over from the other Rebekah's blog
I want you to know, after reading your update, that no, you are NOT a FOOL
I believe as I read your first part about all the excitement that your call was Divine~ no matter what comes of this, there was a reason he called you, (other than cold calling possible sales associates) there is a reason both of you talked off record about the things you talked about
If the job is what you want and need then great
If not, know that there is something out there for you and it will perfectly fit your schedule and it will bless you more than you can expect!
God Bless

cc said...

Keep the faith! There is a job out there for you.
You have my prayers and many others that you find it soon.

Hugs,
CeCe

All My Monkeys said...

Hey. Totally awesome God story. But don't poo poo it so fast. Go to the interview, find out what it's all about, and then decide. Maybe it isn't what you think it is, maybe it is, maybe it's better. You already know, God's got your back. Woohoo!

Becky said...

Hi Rebekah. I've read your blog for a long while. I keep coming back because of your honesty, heartfelt posts, and your glowing Child-of-God 'presence' - I don't know how else to describe it.

ANYWAY - I am a teacher at a tech college and wanted to encourage you to attend the interview EVEN if it's not the job you want. As was said earlier, it will be good practice. And practice will make you more informed and comfortable for future interviews. Also, consider the networking possibilities. So Mark doesn't have your dream job right now, but that doesn't mean that Farmer's won't have an opening in the future. Or, how about the networking possibilities? Mark may know someone, or hear of a need, in a different company.

Sheeeesh! It's summer, school hasn't begun, and I am already on my "Teacher's Soapbox". Sorry. But if everything checks out to be legit, I don't see how it could hurt. Every interview you do will add to your confidence! Whatever you choose, I see God's Arms around you and His hand in your life every time I check in with you. I love it.

Oh, and gee whiz, why couldn't my mom have named ME Rebekah? Or at least Rebecca? ...beautiful name and a beautiful spirit!

I wish you the best. ~ just Becky

Kriss said...

First congrats on the job interview. Just be careful. I was an insurance agent for 7 years and I never want to do that again. Now that doesn't mean it wouldn't be good for you but being in insurance can be a very cut throat job and commission type jobs are rough. Also, if they are wanting you for agent position it would require you to get your insurance licensing so you might ask that in your interview. Would they pay for your training (normally three days but lots of memorizing) and the cost of your test. How many trys would you get to pass it? Just looking out for you. I am not going to say don't look into it but honestly I never want to go back into that field again. -kriss