Saturday, July 18, 2009

Some questions answered.

I had a wonderful day today. I spent the day with my best friend and her husband. We did some work around her house, (why is it more fun to organize someone else's house rather then your own?) and then they treated me to a wonderful evening of dinner and a movie. I had SOOO much fun. I have to give a shout out to my mom as well because I would not have had as good of a time if she had not watched Skyler for me. I had a wonderful "kidless" evening with my wonderful friends.

I also have been getting a few questions and I am not sure the best way to answer them because I cant very well respond to the comments....so...I thought I would answer them here. There are only a few.

When do my kids start school?

I am pretty sure they start the second week in August. I have to get the exact date though. :)

Love love love the new header. How did you do that?

I have wanted a photo editing program for awhile but have not been able to afford to buy one so I did some research online for something free and found this site http://picasa.google.com/. Its a free photo editing download. Its very simple and doesnt do a whole lot but its free and does a little of what I want...including my cool new header. Thanks for the compliments on it everyone.

How much weight have u lost? Is your blood pressure getting better?

I have still only lost 33 pounds. My weight loss has come to a stand still, but I am working on changing that. Weight loss is really a mental thing and I am trying to prepare myself mentally for the long journey of weight loss that I have. And yes, my blood pressure is getting better and I hope to be off my medication in a month or so. YIPPEE!!!

Did your other kids have such abundant dark hair?

Yes, my kids seem to always be born with that wonderful dark and abundant hair. Unfortunately, they seem to loose all that cute baby hair, but it is soon replaced with really thick and just as beautiful hair.

Im just curious how your family felt and dealt with the adoption...were they supportive??

ALL my family was supportive and on board with me. I couldnt believe the support and love they showed me. I am forever grateful to all of them.

Also...how did your kids cope with the idea and the adoption? Especially the older daughter.....???? She seems very close to the little brother so wondering if she was upset about you giving Ty away?

My kids did not cope well with the adoption. They did not understand why I was giving away their brother. They thought Skyler was next. It was so sad. Chelsea(the oldest) still is having a hard time. She is very distant from it but I know in her heart she does care and I think it helps a great deal that Rebekah and Ben took the time to come and meet my older kids. They really like R and B and I cant tell you how much easier it makes the whole process. Some day my children will understand better my decision...but for now...its hard for them to process.

I may have already commented on this, but I think your "new" haircut is awesome. Really looks great on you. In some pics it looks curly. Do you curl for that or straighten for the others?

Thanks!!I have naturally curly/frizzy hair. LOL I have to straighten it with a flat iron for those days that I want to look sheik (grin) and I have to crunch it with moose and gel for those days that I dont feel like straightening it.

I hope I got all the questions. Please, if anyone ever has a questions about anything don't hesitate to ask. I started this blog to help myself, but now I hope I can help others. I always feel so honored for people to care about me and take interest in my life and my children's lives. Thank you to everyone. You all mean so much to me.

10 comments:

DebbiedoO said...

That was a great Q and A! I just posted questions in the OTHER previous post....DUH! Whoops.

You should do this more often...it makes me feel like I'm getting to know you- even if it isn't "real life"

Take Care Rebekah.

(Do people call you Becky? Becca, Reba?)

Anonymous said...

Rebekah, I have been reading for a while but never commented. I think what you did was AMAZINGLY selfless. As a fellow mother of 4 awesome children I can only imagine the utter heartbreak this decision has caused you and will likely continue to cause you. I have so much respect for you and your decision. Much love. Robyn - Western Australia

mak'n Changes said...

OMG! What a great post!

Amber D. said...

You came into my mind this morning and I was praying for you. And now you have a post for me to comment on! It is fun to get to know you better!

Where did you get your new glasses?

Muliebrity said...

I am a new follower to your blog and have fallen in love with you, your family, and your story. I love that you blessed a wonderful couple with their sweet baby boy.

I had a friend of a friend that was in similar situation and found herself pregnant with her sixth child while struggling as a single mom. She too gave her unplanned baby up for adoption and explained to her older children that she "was growing this baby for another family to love".

I really admire what you have done and the life you are trying to make for your children.

Good luck and keep up the good work!

Two Hands said...

What a great post! I love getting to know you a bit better.
As I continue to pray for you, I will also pray that your children find some peace and comfort in the tremendous thing you have done. There are so many people that we have to consider when it comes to family. I think about you often and consider this story, YOUR story, one of the miracles I have encountered in life.
God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Rebekah,
I have been following R and B's blog for awhile. I don't even remember how I came across it. I want you to know that you are a ROCKSTAR in my eyes. You are amazing. You faith in God and your willingness to be so selfless amaze me. Your story has given me away to teach my daughters about the miracle of adoption. I have 2 daughters that are homeschooled. Our family prays for you and your family everyday. My girls ask about you and want to make sure that you are okay:0) Keep your chin up and know that people love you!! We serve a BIG GOD and he holds you in the palm of HIS hand! Love and PRAYERS from Ohio! Mollie:)

cc said...

What a great post. I loved the Q & A session.

The new blog header is great! I love seeing all the pics of you and your children.

Hugs,
CeCe

Rebecca said...

Just a tip on the job hunt...a friend of mine recently applied to Target (online application), and after several weeks she had not heard anything back from them. So, she went to the nearest Target and asked to speak to a manager, let the manager know she was very interested in working there and had already applied online, and she was hired within 2 days! So, make sure to follow up on those applications that you submit...it shows initiative to the potential employer!

Heather said...

I don't think I've commented before, but I just wanted to say I've been thinking about--and praying for--you and your family during this transition time.