Friday, July 24, 2009

Make my life a prayer to you.....

A friend of mine dedicated a song to me today and it got me to thinking about things (thanks CC). I don't talk about my faith nearly enough and although I am not going to make this a spiritual session on what I believe...I do want to share one of my favorite songs from my all time favorite artist (not counting Elvis...I am forever his biggest fan).

His name is Keith Green. He has long passed and gone to be with the Lord (in a plane crash, so sad) but this song that he wrote is my life song. I used to listen to it over and over again when I was a teenager. I know many people looking in on my life might not see much of an example...but my heart is so there.

My favorite line in the song goes something like this (keeping in mind that the words are directly to God)...."I want to thank you now for being patient with me, Oh its so hard to see when my eyes are on me." This is a significant lyric to me because so many times in my life my eyes have only been on myself and when that happens I cant see much of what God has for me. But I truly love the line in the song that says "I wanna die and let you give your life to me so I might live, and share the hope you gave to me, I wanna share the love that set me free." Its so true, although I have been burdened down lately with bad choices, and although I have taken the hard road on many occasions(don't we all at times?)...I have been set free.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

We ALL fall short of the glory of God. You ARE an example. I see the Love of Jesus in you every time we're together!

M/J Granata said...

Rebekah's words are so true... We are ALL here together, ALL imperfect. That is why we NEED Jesus in our hearts! You have a beautiful heart. You are truly an incredible woman... a woman of God's heart. Smile today...