Thursday, July 30, 2009

Today!!

I am home for just a few minutes so I thought I would blog...because I'm just in a bloggy mood and I feel like i have so many wonderful friends out there. :)

So I had today all planned out and me and Sky got up and got ready and headed out the door. We had many three year old conversations on the way. Skyler has a new word.....its "WHY." Why mom, why? LOL He asks why for everything and even if you answer him he asks why again. Its so annoying....LOL I mean CUTE!!! No but really it can get tiresome so the cure for the constant whys is to turn the question around on him and when he asks why you just ask him a question in return and the why's stop....well for a while anyway. LOL

So I went to drop Sky off at daycare and we were about to walk in and my tennis shoe slipped on the wet cement and DOWN FLAT I went. Yes, someone was watching with a very concerned look on there face and my son said to me "mom, you fell." And then I thought "thanks son for pointing out the obvious." It was crazy weird, but I was OK and walked away with some of my dignity and a few scratches on my leg.

I went to a meeting this morning at church. It is for a ministry called "Crossroads." Many of you have asked me how the interview at Farmers went. Well, it wasn't really an interview it turns out but more just a connection. Mark (was his name) turned out to be a wonderful man of God and is going to give me lots of leads on jobs and he will pass on my resume. YIPPEE!!! Also, he gave me a connection to a lady named Kay who heads up this Crossroad ministry. I have long wanted to teach my kids how to have a servants heart...and what better way to do that then to volunteer at Nursing homes? So, at the meeting I got everything I needed and we will be (as a family) giving our time to those who don't have loved ones. I am so excited because I learned that the elderly women like there nails painted. The girls love doing that so we will put together a really cool collection of nail polishes and take them to the homes and let the girls go wild. How cool is that?

I'm so excited to see what God has in store for my family. I can see some of the pieces falling together and I just want to flow with it.

SIDE NOTE************
You all are wonderful. I have had lots of people ask me for my address so they can help with school supplies and fun things for the kids. I want you to know that your comments and friendships are priceless to me and you need not to do any more then that...but I know that some of you have BEGGED me to set up a PO box so you could send stuff. I don't have a PO Box but I will give you my address if you are to email me privately. lovmykids333@yahoo.com Again, your friendship is so precious to me and I thank you all for it. I hope I can do the same for all of you.

And now, I am off to see a movie. I am looking forward to it. Thanks for encouraging me to go. Time for some fun ME time.

5 comments:

Sara Beth said...

OHHH so sorry about the fall but everything else sounds so wonderful

teaching your kids to be servants is the best thing second only to teaching them how to love the Lord and how much He loves them! So glad things are moving in such a great direction!

cc said...

A family volunteer program..what an excellent idea!
You have the biggest heart of anyone I know.

Enjoy your movie...

Hugs!!
CeCe

mak'n Changes said...

Gotta be honest.......when u said u fell........I laughed! Typical me. Its not because I don't care, just thought it was funny. I'm glad u r ok though!
I love it that so many people want to help you out! God is hooking you up, and I love the idea ofyou taking the kids to the nursing homes! What a blessing for those that are living there and some great life lessons for the kids. I love it!
Love u cuz
Cindie

Lerin said...

My love & prayers coming your way!!

Kellie Martin said...

Sorry about your tumble :( Thats something I would do, haha!
What movie did you see??